NexVu: The Intrinsically Safe IoT Sensor Solution
for Hazardous Locations
The safe, secure, IoT Sensor Solution that fits instantly into your hazardous environment
Currently in certification, the Aegex NexVu IoT Solution provides real-time insight and situational awareness for hazardous operating environments. With NexVu, organizations are able to monitor multiple critical metrics throughout the facility at the same time, and can see their operational data in a broader context, enabling them to identify potential issues before they start or mitigate challenges at an early stage.
Any potentially combustible environment can be safely managed with NexVu’s customizable array of intrinsically safe sensors that include smart sensors, endpoints and radios.
Aegex NexVu IoT Solution:
- Capture multiple simultaneous inputs for accurate contextual analytics
- Monitor carbon emissions alongside operational, maintenance, and HSE data with nominal incremental costs
- Deploys in minutes, wireless and battery operated. Designed for short-term or permanent installations
- Purpose-built for Zone 1, Class I Division 1 hazardous area
- Self-configures to the cloud or on-premises servers
- Automated workflows provide data to field staff to immediately initiate response and repair
Aegex NexVu IoT Solution is custom-configurable to track data events specific to your business needs. Data is transmitted to the cloud, enabling Artificial Intelligence (AI) and live visualization of operational data to address issues.
Aegex NexVu IoT Solution Components:
- Custom combinations based on customer requirements
- “Plug-and-play” design allows custom selection of conditions to monitor
- Easily reconfigure endpoints and sensor nodes to meet specific needs
Solving the Problem of Methane Emissions in Oil & Gas
Current estimates are that 24% of all anthropogenic methane emissions are a result of leaks in the oil & gas industry.
Avoiding leaking approximately 20 Million Metric Tons (Mt) or 1.68 Bt of carbon dioxide equivalents (CO2e) (IEA 2020 Methane Tracker Report) into the atmosphere is achievable with an effective Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) program. The Aegex Product for Carbon Emissions Mitigation is a single workflow product for detection and repair.
Low-Cost NexVu IoT devices pervasively deployed in Upstream operations with high accuracy and near-field monitoring provide critical operational data (pump performance, flow rates, etc.) while monitoring methane and other CO2e emissions. Typical installations assume 8 to 12 parallel sensors at each NexVu location
Advanced analytics and prioritizations of leaks detected and sent to partner field management applications
As alerts occur, the NexVu cloud manages workflows and alerts connected workers to initiate repair services via their aegex10TM tablets Aegex NexVu, together with our aegex10TM Intrinsically Safe Tablet, provides a complete LDAR Program solution to quickly and accurately address carbon emissions. The timely detection of carbon emissions, coupled with the ability to communicate with workers within hazardous areas of the facility quickly, will significantly improve response time and
minimize leak volume per incident.